Welcome to Foreplay !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Foreplay !

Foreplay is a guild on the Fake Perfect World Xtreme Server

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talon's WB SKILLS guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LegendMo
Admin

Talon's WB SKILLS guide Empty
PostSubject: Talon's WB SKILLS guide   Talon's WB SKILLS guide I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am

Talonized wrote:
Version: 1.1
Version history:
-07/01 Added guide
-07/02 Polishing

Note: Any skill left out of the guide I felt was either very easy to understand or had no real pvp use.
Key:
Demon skill effect
Holy skill effect
Fury gain

Key Terms:

-Line backing: The act of hampering an enemy you can't kill from being able to kill a squad member or you.

-Focus Fire: When many attackers converge on a single target to kill it as quickly as possible.

-Kiting: The act of moving in such a way that damage done to you is lessened in order to survive.

Basic Stat Info:

+1 con = 17hp
+34HP and +14MP per level.

Equipment information:

For Main Armor:
-Full four socket LionRex heavy set. (The bonus will give a lot more attack speed as well as an extra 15 con.)
-LifeScaler Helmet
-BuddhaRay Brilliance

Everything should have +20con stones in them.

For Jewelery:
-Dark BalsaForce Talisman
-The best G15 magic belt you can craft
-Two +50% accuracy cv rings or two magic cv rings if catapult pulling(or G15 if you have some good ones).

(Barbarians who refuse to use any magic defense gear are terrible and die way to easy. The opposite of what a barbarian is meant to do.)

Weapons:

Depending on your build the following weapons can and should be used:

-The standard Rank 8 hammer.
-G15 Axes or Hammers for your skills that use a percent of weapon damage like Onslaught.
-A berserk weapon for perdition. The more HP on it the better.
-Emperor Slayer for debuffing foes.
-Decaldal Gods to lower HP upper limit.
-AgamaTank TwinTigris fists for fast damage on soft targets.
-Dehiscent Pangu Axe with two max HP shards. (For TW catapult pullers.)

Depending on build the following stones can be used: Accuracy, +100phy attack or the +200 elemental damage stones.

Skills: Use http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwms.php for the exact effects

Human form attack skills:

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img22/6510/blwm.jpg[/img]-Beast Lord Whomp:
Before going Hell or Heaven this skill is garbage and should not be used. It does terrible damage and does not even give a lot of fury to make up for the lack of damage. Its only saving grace being speed. However once it goes holy or dark it gains a little use. Upon going holy the skill actually does some damage now that makes it not a waste of space as well as a chance to give the user extra 20 fury which is useful between perditions. However, once this skill goes dark it does decent damage and well as it can never miss the target. This is useful for getting those last hits on high dex builds if you find yourself to be missing a lot. Between the two I prefer the ability to not miss over the extra fury taking into the fact dark barbs have better and more reliable fury gain skills.
Fury Gain: Dark-10/Ok, Holy-Up to 30/Great

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img21/7813/garj.jpg[/img] -Garrotte:
I don't use this skill enough to give a good description for it right now.
Fury Gain: 5/Poor

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img21/7908/gavu.jpg[/img]-Gravitation Stonker:
Fast, good damage, 50% to stun for four seconds and recharges quickly it is THE go to skill for barbs. Use when ever it is recharged to hamper enemies from killing your team or to set them up to be killed. Also a great line backing skill.
Holy makes the skill recharge reduced by one which leads to more chances to stun the foe and means more damage more often. Dark makes the stun chance to 60% making it more reliable as a stun and leading to more set ups for kills. Both options are decent but I like dark for a more reliable stun skill.
Fury Gain: 15/Decent

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img200/3035/arby.jpg[/img]-Anti-Armor Batter:
Another solid skill for the barbarian. Does decent damage as well as lowers the foes physical defense by 35%. Very useful as well as very fast all for the cost of 30 fury which for its power is a good bargain. Use when you feel it is necessary and if you have venos in the party let them take care of the debuffs if it is an organized group. The holy version is great buffing the defense drop to 45% letting you deal a good amount of extra damage to foes. The dark version makes the fury cost to just 20 which would be wonderful except fury is not an issue for demon barbs so it really does not help much. The holy version is better with the fact the fury is just not an issue for demon barbs and I would much rather have the extra debuff.
Fury Consumed Holy-30 Dark-20

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img6/9317/bko.jpg[/img]-Beast King Onslaught:
Kindly dubbed the sound of incoming death by a good friend of mine Beast King Onslaught is the solution to all your accuracy woes. Amazing single target damage skill that is also raged and fast. Not only that it reduces evasion of the foe by 50% so take that dex builds. This skill is key to killing archers and any high dex build. Of course use it on anyone because the better your chance to hit the more they will die. Sadly, holy barbs get the short end of the stick. Holy barbs trade the wonderful speed for the ability to never miss. While it sounds good still at first, the longer casting time really ruins the skill for me limiting the use a whole lot. Players now have extra time to move away from your oncoming damage making you less of a threat as a whole. It is still useful but to me it is really hurt by the change over. On to much happier news dark onslaught is stunning. Fast, tons of damage, lower evasion and to top it all off your crit rate gets a 35% boost for 6 seconds. All of this together makes it the perfect lead to perdition which is why my friend calls it the skill of incoming death. This skill almost guarantees a crit on perdition for higher dex based barbs and more crits means more dead players. The dark version is hands down better I cant think of any reason to think otherwise and I doubt there ever will be a reason.
Fury Gain: 10/Ok

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img6/9848/billow.jpg[/img]-Billow:
Not much to say about a skill that does the least damage of all your pvp skills to a tiny area with no redeeming effects. I guess you could use it in TW between other aoes...Holy makes your aoe a little bigger but that does not help much since damage is this skills real issue. Dark reduces the recharge again missing the real issue with the skill. You can do some testing for yourself but this skill is really better left off your bars with its low damage and no real decent add on effects.
Fury Gain: 10/Ok

[img=]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img339/2947/firef.jpg[/img]-FireStorm Wielder:
If it was not for the fact it cost 100 fury this skill could be used way more and be decent. It is a little slow to use but has a decent range for the aoe in return while also using 200% of the weapon value for damage with some elemental dots. It is an ok skill for what it does and compared to billow a wonderful option for an aoe that I use from time to time to punish bad positioning when I am too damaged to perdition and ground rending is recharging. Holy version gets more damage on the elemental dot. Not really too great but does not hurt. Dark ,however, has a 25% chance to not use any fury which is a much better option when combined with the great fury gain dark barbs have.
Fury Consumed: Holy-100 Dark-0 or 100

Back to top Go down

Talon's WB SKILLS guide
Page 1 of 1