Welcome to Foreplay !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Foreplay !

Foreplay is a guild on the Fake Perfect World Xtreme Server

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's wizard guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LegendMo
Admin

Brian's wizard guide Empty
PostSubject: Brian's wizard guide   Brian's wizard guide I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:51 am

Brian! wrote:
Being a wizard is always fun, but... if you don't know what you're doing, you could be in for a world of hurt. Take some advice from me. I've been a wizard on almost every server I've played (at some time or another). It takes skill to be very good. Here's some tips on what you need to be a wiz.

First question: holy or demon? This is always feverently debated between wizards. I've done both and both sides have their advantages. The first great thing about holy is that you can save massive amounts of chi. Your ultis have "save spark" effects and you can get 50 chi from your immortal energy skill. Chi is essential for wizards, for your ultis require the 2 sparks, and the more you can use them the better. You can also reduce elemental defenses with your Divine Pyrogram and Blizzard Blast. Demon skills enhance damage and channeling speed and the earth shields give you 30% more physical defense than the holy earth damage. Each mastery also gives you an extra percent crit.

The only real build on these servers for wizards is pure INT. Go minimum stats for strength (54 for LoftyExceed Gear) and the rest in intelligence. For your gear, make sure you go full LoftyExceed Armor, your typical BhuddaRay Cape, and Empyreal Coronet. For your ornaments, I typically go physical defense necklace and belt and magic rings, but I know mages that use physical rings for the extra physical defense boost. Ornaments go by taste, so figure out which ones you like. I suggest having a pair of magic and physical defense for when you're fighting other mages. Your Rank 8 magic sword is the best weapon you can find. I suggest either socketing channeling or crit godstones, based upon whether you want to crit more or cast faster.

Now for skills. In this server, I find that every skill is helpful (since you can get every dark/holy book you want) but make sure you seal and ALWAYS HAVE YOUR EARTH SHIELDS ON IN PvP. WITHOUT THAT EXTRA DEFENSE YOU WILL DIE. Watch for veno debuffs and re-shield frequently. Your ultis always help as well. Cyronite Dragon the hell out of heavy armors and the Mountain Press is almost as effective as the BM lion's roar sometimes for an AOE stun. Blade Tempest is lamer because of all the physical defense in the robe classes, but if you can catch a crit with it, you'll devastate anyone. Your slow skills (basically any water attack) also help you kite. Your job is to stay on the DL (which is kinda hard since you deal damage like a boss) and let the others keep the attention of the target. Kite if you are spotted and eventually your target will get tired of you and go after someone else. Just be aware of your surroundings and you'll be an amazing DDer.

That's all I've got for now! I'll probably add more later, feel free to post any questions or additions.
Back to top Go down

Brian's wizard guide
Page 1 of 1