Welcome to Foreplay !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Foreplay !

Foreplay is a guild on the Fake Perfect World Xtreme Server

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Very Helpful Sites

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mist

Very Helpful Sites Empty
PostSubject: Very Helpful Sites   Very Helpful Sites I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 am

I am pretty sure Legend mentioned this under his Links post, but I wanted to be sure to mention it here just to emphasise how helpful it is ^^

*drumroll* ..... The PW Database Very Happy

It's basically a compilation of all the NPCs, mobs, items, quests, resources (herbs, mineral, etc), and places on the PW map. So essentially, anything you need to find you can find information for or coordinates for on the site. For example, if any of you are going for the Tailoring skill, you might run into a little bit of difficulty when it comes time to make the Light Conceal Cloak. I personally pored through the tailors at all the high-level towns I could find before I actually thought of looking on the database xD It is actually kind of tricky because one would expect to be making high-level items, and instead one has to go backwards and make something from the tailor in ADC. But I would have saved myself a whole lot of time if I had looked up "light conceal cloak" on the PW database. I've seen people asking for Tailor Jill, for certain items that aren't in the Cash Shop, and for where to begin their Holy/Hell fairy quests. All of this info can be found in seconds on the PW database ^^

It's also great if you are crafting and you want to look up the statistics of what you are making. For example, when FurFur asked me to make some fists for him, I could go look up "extermination fists" and see that on a 3-star model, I had about an 8.23% chance of getting him the Blunt effect he wanted, and only around a 2% chance of making them with a decreased Attack Rate interval. (of course, when we're crafting, maybe we'd really rather *not* know things like that... lol)

Here's the screen for the Extermination Fists:

Very Helpful Sites Exterminationfistsscreen-1

If all FurFur had said was that he wanted fists but didn't know which ones he wanted, instead of moving from forge to forge to find a pair I could have looked under the heading "weapons" on the database to find them, like this:

Very Helpful Sites Databaseweaponsearchscreen

So you can see there's stuff like Fashion and other stuff there too.

The database is mostly useful for looking up the locations and stats of items - if you wanted to look up skills or have a look at fashion, you'd be best to check Ecatomb, which is also incredibly awesome. I'll do that one in another post.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Very Helpful Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Helpful Sites   Very Helpful Sites I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 am

Okay, now for one of my favourite game-related websites of all time: Ecatomb!

One of the things that is appealing about the site is its easy navigation and attractive structure. It also has a very extensive stockpile of information (for example, they have a screenshot of every single item they have listed in there, including all articles of fashion ^^ )

But what makes the site so awesome is not just the list of stats it can give you (because the PWdatabase could do that too) but the fact that you can interact with it. For example, here is a picture off what their Skills screen looks like. You can pick any class; this one is the BM/WR skill chart. For the selected skill, you can see that you can click on any of the buttons below that would let you see what the skill would be like at any of the levels 1-10, and what would change if you get the Holy or Dark attribute. I consider this website essential for anyone who is choosing between Holy and Dark, because it shows you exactly what benefits you get for your skills for each path. In the image below, I have clicked on the Dark button, and the purple script is what will be added to the skill if you go down the path of Demon.

Very Helpful Sites EcatombBMskillchartwithdark

Not only can you interact with skills in this screen, but you can also go to a screen where you can set up a character and adjust their stats: Mag, Str, Vit, and Dex. It's less of a big deal here, on the private servers, but in the real PW where restat scrolls would be quite an investment and you can't just make another character if you feel like it and have them instantly at lvl 103, it would really be useful to be able to plan out your stats this way.

Here's some more examples of the kind of stuff you can look up on ecatomb - the fairies and fashion:

Very Helpful Sites Ecatombfairyindex

Very Helpful Sites Ecatombclothingexample

One thing I also did was look up the speed of any mount before I bought it, so I wouldn't waste my time getting something that was only +8 or +9 MPS.

So hopefully you'll check out these sites, and pass on the useful information to anyone who needs help in the game ^^
Back to top Go down
Mist

Very Helpful Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Helpful Sites   Very Helpful Sites I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:44 am

One thing that is very important but that I forgot to mention - both of these websites are adjustable for your version of PW. That means that everything - or practically everything - from items to skills to places is going to have a different name, depending on whether you are under the PWI view of the site, or the MY view of the site. As far as I know, all items in the private servers have the MY server names. Skills seem to have the PWI names, and if you look on your map you'll see the locations labeled with the terms from the PWI map. However, if an NPC on the private server (whether it be Xtreme or HR) sends you to a location, they will use the MY names. So for me it got hard to find places, at times, when the NPCs were sending me to places that weren't on the map lol. Ecatomb also has a Map tab, and if you go to the world map and switch between MY and International version, you can see which names equate. Very, very helpful.
Back to top Go down
LegendMo
Admin

Very Helpful Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Helpful Sites   Very Helpful Sites I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am

Most Helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Very Helpful Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Helpful Sites   Very Helpful Sites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Helpful Sites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Foreplay ! :: General :: Announcements and News-
Jump to: